Over 6,754 clubs have been awarded Standard Charter Status. In 2008 our Club was awarded the highest standard, Community Club status which it maintains to this day and as of December 2014 there were just 700 such clubs in England reaching this level.
FA Charter Standard aims to:
- Provide a nationally recognised quality control ‘kitemark’
- Improve the quality of provision for everyone
- Sustain participation for players for a longer time
- Raise standards & address abusive behaviour
There are four levels of FA Charter Standard:
- Charter Standard Club
- Charter Standard Adult Club
- Charter Standard Development Club
- Charter Standard Community Club
Each level depends upon the size, type and ambition of the club. To support clubs in maintaining the standards of the FA Charter Standard programme an Annual Health Check process has now been introduced for all FA Charter Standard Clubs that will replace theprevious three year renewal process. This will support clubs in:
- Tracking the validity of their voluntary workforce in relation to coach education and welfare
- Identifying their workforce / coach education requirements for the season
The Health Check form presents information held on your club and the volunteers within the club and asks questions to determine how the club adheres to the FA Charter Standard criteria. The information gathered year on year will be maintained to help build a greater picture of the volunteer structure at your club so we know what further support you need.
All FA Charter Standard Clubs are required to complete and return their Health Check Form to West Riding County FA by 31st December each year. If they have not done so their FA Charter Standard accreditation may be suspended. To assist us in ensuring that we have no problems meeting submission dates and deadlines you will be regularly asked to update the Charter Standard Team and your co-operation in responding swiftly would be greatly appreciated. The ideal scenario would be that we can return the Health Check Form the day after it is received because Team Managers have kept on top of their record keeping responsibilities.